2017/10/1 – Closing requests while I’m on vacation, sorry! See you all in a week~ 🙂
This is the official request page! 🙂 Please comment below with all your requests here and I’ll get to them as soon as I can~ You can include your email address in the comment section if you want me to send you an email when I’ve finished your request. It won’t be shown publicly, but I’ll be able to see it, and it’ll be deleted with your commented request after I’ve finished it. 🙂
I’m very happy to take all your requests, but I just ask that you follow these few simple rules~
1. All requests MUST include both a song title and artist name. Even better if you can give me the Thai script of the song title, though romanization is still okay, and even extra brownie points if you include a Youtube link. Please don’t give me requests with just a song title or just an artist’s name. This is for two reasons: There are lots of songs that have the same or very very similar titles, and without an artist I might not know which one you want. Also, as much as I love Thai music, I don’t know every song and every artist, so if you just ask for an artist who I’m unfamiliar with, how will I know what songs of theirs to translate? Also, please, for the love of god, don’t just say “I want X OST.” “OST” means “Soundtrack” and any film/lakorn has at least two songs in its soundtrack. Also, I don’t really watch movies or lakorns, so unless one of my favorite artists did a soundtrack that I happen to know about, I wouldn’t know a song just by a movie/lakorn title.
2. Please post all requests HERE, on this page. Please don’t comment on random other posts with requests. Please don’t comment or message me on Facebook, E-mail me requests, or contact me in any other way with them. This is just because I’m a very unorganized person, and I created this blog to stay organized. Keeping requests in one page assures that I will remember them and get to them in a fair first-come-first-serve basis.
3. Please check to make sure I haven’t translated the song you’re requesting first. I spent a lot of time organizing the lyrics directory by artist, so please take the time to double-check before you make a request and make me have to tell you it’s already done. Is the artist’s name written in Thai and you can’t read it? No problem! If you copy and paste the Thai title into the search bar, that will also bring you instantly to the song if it is there, so please utilize these features~ It gets annoying to have to constantly spoon-feed people who obviously made no effort to search or check for themselves.
4. Please limit your requests to no more than 5 at a time. With the growth in popularity of this site and the growth of requests with it, it gets very exhausting to get multiple comments a day with 10-20+ requests in each one, and it adds more work for me to try and space them out so it’s fair for those who only want one translation so they don’t have to wait behind a queue of 20 for one person. Thus, I would like to ask you guys to kindly limit your requesting to no more than 5 songs at a time, please~ 🙂 You are always welcome to come back and request more when I finish your previous requests, but for the sake of keeping the queue moving more quickly, please try to adhere to this rule~
5. Please be patient. Sometimes I can get to requests right away, sometimes I can get caught up in work and life, be travelling, or have gotten behind in requests and it may take a week or longer to get to yours. Remember, it’s only me, one single person, doing all the work, so please don’t comment every day duplicating your request, asking where your request is, or asking me to hurry up for you. Any request duplications or demands to hurry up will result in your first request getting deleted and you moving backwards in the queue. Unless you’re willing to pay me to expedite your request, my free translation services can only rely on my free time. 😛 Also, please realize that I’m only strong in Bangkok/central dialect. Please understand if you request a song in Isan or any other dialect, I might not be able to translate it for you.
6. Please request only translations for song lyrics. No news articles, TV interviews, movies, or whole lakorn dramas. I simply don’t have the time to do all those with no compensation.
I don’t have permission to post lyrics without translations, I am a translation site, not a lyrics site. If a song already has an accurate official translation, I’d rather not waste time rehashing the same translation when I could be working on the hundreds of other songs that don’t instead, so please no requests for romanizations/Thai lyrics either. There are plenty of other sites, forums, and automatic transliterators you can use for that~
And don’t ask me to send you any mp3s or albums. Any request for music uploads will be deleted. I have several friends who are artists, so I respect copyright. There are plenty of other places to buy/download Thai music from. Here I just want to share translated lyrics. 🙂
7. Please don’t request brand new major label (and well known indie label/band) pop/rock songs. I translate literally every single new release within 24 hours (though sometimes it may take a day or two longer) already. I will get to it. It just gets annoying to translate something, then check the request page and have to go through and delete requests for it, and it makes me feel pressured and rushed that I’m not translating enough fast enough, which makes me not want to translate at all. Feel free to request new country (look-thoong) songs, lakorn/movie OSTs, and indie bands as I don’t really keep up with those, or if a song is more than a week old and it seems like it has slipped through my new-release radar, go ahead and give me a reminder. Otherwise, please just be patient and wait for me to translate the new songs and use the request page for older songs, B-sides, soundtracks, and obscure indie bands. 🙂 Requests for new major label pop/rock releases will just be deleted.
8. Please give credit where credit is due if you repost my translations anywhere. Of course the original Thai lyrics are copyrighted to their respective owners, but it isn’t always easy to translate them into a completely different language and keep the same emotion and meaning behind them. Please comment and let me know if you use them anywhere, and credit Tahmnong or this blog and/or link back. Please respect my willingness to share my translations and don’t try to claim them yourself. 🙂
You are not allowed to use my translations for any commercial work, including posting them on sites gaining ad revenue, without my expressed written permission.
Thank you for understanding! ^-^
~ Tahmnong ทำนอง